About Me

My photo
We got married October 23, 2010 and our sweet baby boy was born July 2, 2012. We have been remodeling our "new" home since January 2010 and I have documented the entire process, and will continue to do so.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Uninvited Visitor

I planted some seeds on Friday and Saturday, and by Monday or Tuesday they were already coming up. Now all the beans and lettuce have really popped! So exciting. Here is the first edemame plant:

IMG_8339

And here is the first of the lettuce!IMG_8342

Sunday evening Craig and I ran up to Rural King to get some chicken wire to go around our beds. IMG_8344

Why are we putting chicken wire around our beds? RABBITS!

IMG_8348

Oh look, a baby one. How nice.

IMG_8350

There are a ton of rabbits and squirrels that like to play in our yard, and I didn’t want them stealing our crop or nibbling our plants to the root all summer. So one night Craig did two of the beds, and he was going to do the other two on Thursday night.

We were trying to avoid this:

IMG_8345

I came home from work Thursday night and as I walk walking up the sidewalk I noticed a big dark spot and looked over. There was a rabbit digging a hole in my potato patch! I chased him out of the yard, went in to change clothes, went to the back door and I see this:

IMG_8357

Seriously bunny!? I chased him out, only to find him in there again, digging further and further each time. Luckily, he didn’t get into my potatoes. We were going out to eat that night for my brother and I’s birthdays so I quickly wrapped some chicken wire around this bed, because I KNEW he would get back in while we were gone.

IMG_8358

Today I was off work, and was doing some cleaning in the kitchen when I looked out and saw this:IMG_8365

He was trying to burrow in our straw pile. Then I watched him for a few minutes, and sure enough, he was trying to get back into the very same bed.

IMG_8363

Nope, you can’t get in there!IMG_8364IMG_8366

He even tried to bite through the chicken wire to get in the bed! Crazy rodent!

IMG_8369

So he just sat there. All day. I have a feeling he isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

IMG_8370

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh those last pictures are hilarious! How can something so cute be such a pest? Haha. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha ha. Love your posts Lit! Congrats on your new job, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete