About Me

My photo
We got married October 23, 2010 and our sweet baby boy was born July 2, 2012. We have been remodeling our "new" home since January 2010 and I have documented the entire process, and will continue to do so.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wiring done!

First things first- one of my best friends Kortney had her first child last week! His name is Carson and he is adorable. I can’t wait to watch the little guy grow up!!!  Congratulations to Kortney and her husband Craig!!!

031 Here is a picture of Carson less than 24 hrs old:034

Now onto the house, this is the gross ceiling in the kitchen and that hole is where the big ugly vent cover goes. We are drywalling over the current ceiling, it will will look much nicer.040

We are looking at doing plastic “pressed tin” as a backsplash. I really don’t know what it is called, but Ryan and Nicolette put it in their kitchen when they remodeled their new home last year and I really like it. We’ll see… it is kinda $$$! Here are the options:

043

I think my dad is done with the wiring in the kitchen and laundry/mud room for the most part. He also did the wiring for an outlet outside for the patio, a light outside the back door, and also for a flood light to mount on the top of the house overlooking the back yard. There was absolutely NO lighting in the backyard or at the back door, so I’m glad he did it, I know we are in town and we have neighbors but walking from the garage to the house in pitch black is scary to me!

Here is a picture of some of the new wiring. We are going to insulate this wall to help with the winters. Notice the laundry room through the door, the paneling is still on. We thought about just painting over it (as did the people before us) but we decided to drywall the room considering we were already doing the kitchen. Why not?

 042  044 045

Randy ripping paneling off the ceiling.046 047

Laundry room wall after the paneling was ripped off:048

HOPEFULLY by Sunday I will be able to post pictures of the kitchen, pantry, and laundry room with all of the drywall up! The wedding is only 6 weeks from this Saturday, so we gotta get moving! Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Litney! I found you through another blog, and I've read through several of your previous posts. I LOVE watching someone transform their home, so I just had to follow to keep up with your progress. You guys are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adrien! I found you on Cassie's blog so I "follow" you as well. You offer LOTS of great advice that I am sure we will use after we get married, I love the envelope idea, hopefully I can get Craig to think about doing it! That is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete