About Me

My photo
We got married October 23, 2010 and our sweet baby boy was born July 2, 2012. We have been remodeling our "new" home since January 2010 and I have documented the entire process, and will continue to do so.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Painting the middle room

Here are just a few before and after pictures of the middle room. I don’t know what else to call it, because it is in the exact middle of the house! You can get to every room from it besides the master bedroom.

Before priming:

077

I stayed up until 1:30 Thursday night finishing all the texture painting (where we replaced old paneling with new drywall, and texture paint to match the plaster in the rest of the room) and priming so I could start painting Friday.

  010 011 012

This green color (Behr’s Boston Fern) is originally what we bought for the bathroom, but we ended up switching the two after we decided that the tan color matched the bathroom tile better. This is after the first coat and before cutting in.013 017 019018

What is looks like after two coats, but still wet. I recruited Zack and my mom to help me out while Craig and my dad were working on the wiring in the kitchen.

022025    

The door frames are primed, but still need two coats of white trim paint. I think it turned out really pretty. And if you notice the color of the living room in the background, you’ll see that these two rooms are Christmas colors! How perfect! I CANNOT WAIT until I can decorate for Christmas this year!023 024

Sadly, we have decided not to keep the brick wall exposed. The bricks just aren’t in that good of shape and it was going to be a pain for the wiring and also for screwing the cabinets into. We will be keeping the arched doorway, but we will be covering the bricks. They crumble to the touch so it is just better to do that. However, we are planning on putting in saloon doors! Hopefully we can find some that fit!

021020

I hope we have more to post next week, but I’m not promising a lot of change! Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love the GREEN!!! I painted my kitchen almost the same color & everyone called me crazy..but love it now! Awesome job on the house. It's looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I just now saw your comment. I have to put one more coat of the green on, but I'm waiting until Craig drywalls the new archway into the kitchen, since I'll have to paint all of that anyways.

    ReplyDelete