About Me

My photo
We got married October 23, 2010 and our sweet baby boy was born July 2, 2012. We have been remodeling our "new" home since January 2010 and I have documented the entire process, and will continue to do so.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cabinets are in!

Here are a few pictures after I repainted the kitchen (with the help of Miranda) “hint of gold” over the “lemon drops”.

017 016

And here are a few pictures of the finished tile. It looks so good!

018

014

028

The kitchen cabinets, trim, and crown molding were put back in on Sunday. We had to switch two of the cabinets around due to a little crookedness, but they look much better now. I have learned that you can’t expect everything to be straight, level, and plumb in a 120 year old house. There are a few gaps in the molding because we gained a few inches in several spots when we put up the new walls. It will get fixed sometime!

027 024 025 026

Today I repainted the laundry room, with the help of Miranda again. I knew that mint green color wouldn’t last too long. We ended up using the same paint as our bedroom. Once we have the trim work (it will be white) up and put the tile on the floor, I’m sure it will all come together. I also want to get new pipes that lead to the washing machine. Oh and I can’t forget the transom above the door! It may not be a functioning transom, but more of a window.

031  030 029

There is a crew coming on Tuesday morning to measure and template the new kitchen countertops, so hopefully within 3 weeks we’ll have them put in. I hope its not too hard living without a kitchen sink and counter for a few weeks! I will just have to hold out on my kitchen organizing and decorating for a little bit. Darn! After the countertops are in, we can put our backsplash up. I can’t wait to see it all come together. Next week is going to be pretty busy for me (it’s wedding week!!!) so I am not sure if I will be able to post anything. But it is kind of a stress reliever for me to get on here, so I may post once or twice, depending on how much stuff gets done. If not, there will be wedding pictures to post soon! :) I’m getting more and more nervous everyday, and I have constant butterflies in my belly! I just hope that forecast changes :(

1 comment:

  1. Looking great!! I love the laundry room color; I think it will look great with white trim. Saying prayers for good weather for you next weekend!! Just remember to take a few moments on your special day to just breathe and soak in all in. :)

    ReplyDelete