About Me

My photo
We got married October 23, 2010 and our sweet baby boy was born July 2, 2012. We have been remodeling our "new" home since January 2010 and I have documented the entire process, and will continue to do so.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Let the countdown begin

5 day until the wedding. That means it is CRUNCH TIME! We need to get the house as “done” as we can and get it all cleaned up!

Friday night Craig tiled the laundry room floor. There to help were Notter and Biffar. We ended the night sitting by the firepit enjoying the cool fall air and a few Busch Lights!

Saturday we got the news we had been waiting for!! Our good friends Randy (best man) and Lisa had their second baby boy: Charlie! We wanted to go visit in the hospital but had too much going on to make it up there with Craig working and me working on wedding stuff. But they came home on Sunday and we got to meet the little guy!

020

Sunday was a huge cleaning day. My mom, Aunt Juli, cousin Mary, and friend Amy all came over and helped clean. Bathroom is completely done (and decorated!) and the living room is done as well (no decorating).

Here are a few pics:

 014 015 016 Finished product:038

Our clean living room! I brought the lamp up to make it feel more homey!026

The bathroom! Still needs a few things, like curtains and top closet doors, but we’ll get there eventually!

028 029 030

Shelving for the laundry items. Not sure if the shelves will stay in those positions, we’ll have to see once the washer gets hooked back up. My brother is supposed to be getting us new pipes for the washer, these ones are quite yellow and filthy. New whites ones would look a lot nicer!

031037 

I stayed at the house until 1 am Sunday night staining the middle room floor. Craig put the first coat of poly on tonight. He finished his homemade closet shelving and also put up my closet organizer! I can’t wait to use it, it’s huge!!035

Tomorrow morning (Tues) the countertop people are coming, as well as the vent cleaning crew. Then we can finish the rest of the cleaning and start moving stuff in!! It is all coming together. I can see the light at the end of this tunnel!

2 comments:

  1. Litney it looks AWESOME!! I love it. You guys should be so proud of yourself. YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassie! I will feel so much better once it is clean. And done lol. There are quite a few things we wont have done before move in, like trim in the middle room and the laundry room, and trim around the steps and a stair banister. All in time I guess!

    ReplyDelete